Friday, February 18, 2011

Product Review: Perry's "Piece of Cake" Ice Cream

I am not a cake lover at all. Most of the time I feel cakes are not even good enough to waste the calories on. Yet about once a year in the winter, I feel like having a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Even while I'm eating it, I'm thinking, "This isn't good." And yet I am craving it.

I do love ice cream though. Normally I am orthodox about my ice cream shopping. I don't stray from the few brands that don't use artificial ingredients. And yet last night I found this prize:

All in one package, I've got my unorthodox ice cream brand and the flavor of yellow cake with chocolate icing. Not only that, but the icing tastes exactly like the one from the can (which I never eat, even when I'm having the annual weird craving).

And yet it's strangely satisfying. It has a few tiny cubes of yellow cake. The ice cream flavor itself is the perfect interpretation of yellow cake made from a box mix, and like I said, the frosting is the frozen version of canned frosting.

What do I have to say for myself? I'm embarrassed...and not.

mmmm.... yummy mono- and diglycerides, cellulose gum, guar gum, carrageenan, and dextrose....

No comments:

Post a Comment