Monday, July 4, 2011

A sinister celestial cake

Today I've got one thing on my mind and one thing only: FOOD. All I want to do is eat, eat, eat.

Here's the ginormous lunch I had:

Grilled portobello and pepper on a roll with garlicky bean spread, sweet potato salad, grilled corn, and fresh tomatoes with salt and pepper.

Then for dessert:


Angel food cake topped with homegrown strawberries and a leaning tower of Pisa style blob of whipped cream. I actually bought fresh blueberries too so the dessert would be red, white and blue in honor of Independence Day, but I forgot to add them.

I can't stop eating the angel food cake. It is truly one of the best things on the planet. I have eaten so much I think I may qualify as having committed one of the Seven Deadly Sins--gluttony--which isn't very angelic. I am powerless over its mesmerism.

If only there was a device whereby one could lock up a dish and be unable to open it until a preset time. I must invent that.

No comments:

Post a Comment