Monday, September 13, 2010

Quinoa, Pinto, and Spinach Salad with Smoked Paprika Dressing

This week I'm a bit behind on my cooking, but not too late for Meatless Monday!  Usually I cook my food for the week's lunches on Sundays, but I was a bit under the weather so I put it off.

I'm planning on making this salad this week.  Epicurios has never failed to deliver an awesome recipe, so I have high hopes.

The recipe calls for spinach and cooked quinoa topped with lots of mint, feta, and a smoked paprika vinaigrette.  I'm not a fan of mint--unless it's in ice cream with chocolate chips ;)--so I'm going to skip that.  I happen to have some pintos I need to cook up--from my harvest, yay!!--so I'm going to use those in favor of the chic peas.

Edited to add a pic.  I used strips of roasted eggplant, which was just phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment