Monday, August 30, 2010

Roasted Italian Green Beans

Happy Meatless Monday!

We're in the midst of the annual giant harvest of Italian green beans.  I don't know about you, but I tend to get tired of these beans really easily if all I do is steam them.  Bo-ring.

Today I decided to try roasting them.  I've never heard of eating them roasted, but I figured, what doesn't taste awesome roasted with salt, pepper, and olive oil?

I had a zucchini that had seen better days, so I threw that in there too, along with some leftover red onion from my freezer.  I roasted it all with a clove of garlic.

I am really impressed--it's very tasty!

I think we've all forgotten how to make vegetables taste good.  Take, for example, my sauteed chic peas.  How do we make meat taste good?  We all know--grill, roast, or fry, and add some oil and spices, right?  Why don't we think to do the same for beans?

No comments:

Post a Comment