Sunday, July 28, 2013

Healthy summer drinks

I'm trying to cut down on sugar intake and increase liquids*, and I'm getting really sick of water.  Sooo...I've been experimenting and here's a few successes:

  • 1 slice of lemon, 1 slice of lime, ice and club soda (refreshing but not sicky sweet)
  • 1 slice of orange, a few slices of cucumber, ice and water
  • a few shots of espresso (decaf works too), creamer, and crushed ice blended (frozen coffee drink!)
  • dash of vanilla extract, club soda and ice (less sweet version of cream soda)
  • Zevia ginger root beer
I'm planning to try making a stevia version of horchata too!
_______
*Why, you ask?  Well besides the fact that it's summer....I moved to the low desert and I'm not feeling as thirsty as I should be.  Apparently humidity makes you feel thirstier.  I'm trying to push myself to drink more until I adjust. This also explains why I'm into horchata all of a sudden. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment