Saturday, November 24, 2012

Restaurant review: Z' tejas

This restaurant has a cool vibe, good music and a fun atmosphere.  We were greeted by friendly, professionally dressed staff and sat in the bar while we waited for a table. 

I asked the bartender to suggest a cocktail.  He suggested an award-winning frozen margarita swirled with raspberry liquor ("Chambord Margarita").  Lime and raspberry are two of my favorite flavors, and I wasn't disappointed. The drink was very pretty, full of tartness and refreshing.

While waiting for our dinner, we were surprised by a hot loaf of skillet corn bread.  I am a lover of corn bread but most of it ends up being dry.  This was perfect.  Tender, not greasy, just the right balance of sweetness.  I took the leftovers home and ate it for breakfast.

I had the Wild Mushroom Enchiladas.  Delicious!

We liked it so much, we went back the next night.

Verdict: A great place to blow off some steam and have a tasty dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment